Gyan mudra is also known as chin mudra. It is a most famous and religious mudra and is used to retain focus and channel divine energy. Gyan mudra is seen across Hindu, Buddhist, and Yoga traditions. In Sanskrit, the meaning is Gyan “wisdom and knowledge”. People can call it as Mudra of Knowledge.
Purpose: To get knowledge and inner guidance. To attain detachment and enlightenment. It helps to increase Air elements in the body. So it is called air booster mudra too or Vaayu Vardhak Mudra. Chin mudra is the other name of this mudra.
How to do Gyan Mudra: Simply touch the index finger of the hand with the thumb.
Time: Do it for 30 to 40 minutes each day.
Benefits of Gyan Mudra
- Helps to get knowledge and inner guidance.
- To attain detachment from worldly affairs.
- Helps to get enlightenment.
- It is one of the best mudra to improve in the study and excel in the exam.
- It helps to increase Air elements – Vaayu.
- Gyan Mudra develops enthusiasm and passion.
- This mudra can increase courage and creative thinking.
- It helps in positive thinking.
- It also helps to improve memory.
- This mudra can remove lethargy, fatigue, and confusion.
- As per astrology, our index finger is related to planet Jupiter, therefore, it helps to correct all ill effects of planet Jupiter. Connection with planet Jupiter increase knowledge and wisdom.
- It is specially used to boost and retain serenity during meditation.
- It can increase mental resilience, sharpen attention and enhance focus.
- Gyan Mudra can improve the pituitary gland and the nervous system.
- It also helps to provide interconnectedness, security, and stability.
- It can also give ease from worries and depression.
Side Effects of This Mudra
This mudra can increase the air element in the body. Must note that excess air element can aggravate these problems:
- Abdominal bloating
- Stomach bloating
- Recurrent upset stomach
- Gastrointestinal diseases
So those who have the above-mentioned problems please avoid doing this mudra or do it less often. Read here about how easily you can get the effects and energies of Gyan Mudra even without doing it.
Thanks for telling about side effects of Gyan Mudra.
Thanks for the knowledge and brief knowledge on gyan mudra sir can you please help us with the knowledge of sadhna and what are the Benefits of doing sadhna and how many types of sadhna is there