Gurpurab is the festival of the Guru. It is a day to show respect and gratitude towards the gurus in our life. A variety of activities are organized during the Gurpurab festival to mark the memory of the First Guru, Guru Nanak Ji. In this article we will explain everything you need to know about Gurpurab and its rituals:
What Is Gurpurab?
Gurpurab is the festival of Guru. It is a day to show respect and gratitude towards the gurus in our life. A variety of activities are organized during the Gurpurab festival to mark the memory of the First Guru (The Founder of Sikhism), Guru Nanak Ji.
What Does Gurpurab Mean?
Gurpurab stands for the Gur Parv, which is the celebration of the birth of the 1st Guru of the Sikhs, Guru Nanak Ji. This is the most significant festival in the Sikh calendar and it falls in the month of Kartik, which is the month of November. Gurpurab is on the 8th of November 2022 and it is the 553rd Birth Anniversary of Guru Nanak Ji. The Gur Parv is a time to reflect on the teachings of the Guru, and people from all over the world come to Punjab to celebrate this festival.
How To Celebrate Gurpurab?
Gurpurab is all about celebrating the birthday of the 1st Sikh Guru, Guru Nanak JI. The Sikhs mark this occasion with much fervour and enthusiasm. The occasion is celebrated with great pomp and show. Guru Nanak Ji’s followers organize various seminars and discussions and also organize visits to gurudwaras to pay respect to the great Guru. The celebrations begin with the arrival of the festival on a full moon night. The womenfolk clean the house and decorate it with flowers, rangoli, and lights. They make sweets and other items to mark the occasion. The children are taught about the life and teachings of Guru Nanak Ji.
Benefits Of Celebrating Together As A Family.
- The bond between the kids and the parents gets stronger.
- A child who has a strong bond with their parents can face any problem easier in life.
- The children are taught the importance of life from a young age.
- The children are taught to be kind and show love to the people around them.
- The children learn to be grateful towards the people who have been part of their lives.
- Kids learn to respect the elders around them.
- Kids learn to show love towards God and his creation.
- The younger generation is given a chance to learn about the importance of this festival and its significance in Sikhism. The parents can also learn about the significance of the festival and its importance in the life of the Sikh community.
- It is a festival where the entire family can bond and create memories together that can last a lifetime.
Gurpurab is a day when families come together and make a day of it. Kids are taught about their significance and significance of the festival in their lives. This is a perfect opportunity for the parents to bond with their kids and for the entire family to celebrate the occasion together.
Read our other Article: Guru Mahima