What is Kundalini Yoga?
Kundalini Yoga is also called Hatha Yoga or Laya Yoga in Ancient Hinduism School. In the past, it was highly exclusively used and harbored by the Hindu Tantra and schools where Goddess had worshiped.
Kundalini Yoga is a complete package which comprises of:
- Focus on the awakening of Kundalini Energy
- Meditation on Kundalini
- Pranayama as a part of cleaning the energy path
- Mantra Chanting to enhance the inner power
- The practice of few other Yoga Asana & Mudras with Kundalini Yoga
Kundalini Yoga helps to Develop Consciousness, Alertness, Wakefulness, Attentiveness, Divine Knowledge, and Understanding.
What is Kundalini?
Kundalini is powerful spiritual energy located in the Basic Chakra near the base of the spine (Coccyx) as a 3 coiled serpent with the power of Goddess Shakti (Feminine Energy of the Universe).
What is Kundalini Awakening?
Kundalini awakening is a process to stimulate the sleeping Shakti lying in its coiled state in the basic chakra through the 5 major Chakras and enter into the 7th chakra (Crown Chakra).
Must Read Kleem Mantra Benefits
How Kundalini Energy Travel Upward?
Kundalini Energy travels upward along with the 3 Nadi (Nervous) system. They are Pingala Nadi (right) – Ida Nadi (left) – Sushumna Nadi (central). The highly activated Cosmic Energy can also pull up Kundalini through the Crown Chakra.
Kundalini Yoga Poses (Postures)
Many postures are used in Kundalini Yoga but 7 postures are the most popular and help to cleanse the seven chakras:
- Crow Pose to clear Basic Chakra.
- Frog Pose to clear Sacral Chakra.
- Stretch Pose to clear Solar Plexus Chakra.
- Camel Pose to clear Heart Chakra.
- Cobra Pose to clear Throat Chakra.
- Guru Pranaam to clear Ajna Chakra.
- Sat Kriya Pose to clear Crown Chakra.
Kundalini Yoga Mudras
Many mudras are used in this system. Here is a list of the most common 7 Mudras:
- Gayan Mudra stimulates concentration and focuses ability. Also, increase calmness when Kundalini heat rises up.
- Shunye Mudra gives patience.
- Surya Mudra gives energy, health, and power.
- Jal Mudra gives intuitive communication.
- Venus Lock channeling sensuality, sexuality, and glandular balance.
- Prayer Mudra neutralizing and balancing yin and yang energies.
- Bear Grip stimulates the heart for high concentration.
Must Read Cosmic Energy Healing Uses & Benefits
Kundalini Yoga Benefits
- With the help of Kundalini Yoga, a person can achieve his total creative potential. This yoga can increase high-level consciousness. A person can become more aware of life forces.
- It helps to liberate oneself from one’s Karma and to understand one’s Purpose in Life.
- Kundalini Yoga expands the power of the intuitive mind.
- It creates pure joy inside hearts and souls.
- The exercise of Kundalini Yoga takes you out of the rotation of karma and burns off karma.
- The more you practice the more your consciousness stays in the present moment, awareness, and insight of the mind increases.
- The practice of Kundalini Yoga strengthens and expands your aura. An immense, powerful, and brilliant aura can protect you from negativity.
- It reinforces the nervous system, balances the glands, cleanses the blood, and refreshes subconscious thought patterns.
- Regular practice gives us extra endurance and flexibility to face everyday pressure.
What is Kundalini Yoga Dangers?
- During yogic breathing when Prana Vayu (vital air) and Apana Vayu (waste air) blends near the navel or Solar Chakra many energy sparks are produced, sometimes these sparks destroy Solar Chakra badly or Sacral Chakra and Heart Chakra partially. This occurs like thunder lighting. When this situation occurs many serious health-related issues arise in the human body and most importantly, no medical doctor can diagnose the cause or sometimes even the illness itself.
- Another dangerous effect of Kundalini Yoga occurs when it rises up to the 3rd eye Level. This instills a man’s Ego and increases it highly. The Yogi feels like God and acts like a God. When a yogi act like a God then all his achievements and his Kundalini can fall down.
- A most dangerous side effect comes about at Crown Chakra level, where sometimes an immature yogi’s Kundalini shoot-up like a rocket to penetrate the yogi’s head and may cause immediate death or madness or serve mental illnesses.