Meditation is changing and growing in popularity. As a result, there’s lots of information about it out there. But with so many different sources, who knows which of them is accurate? Moreover, what does meditation do to our brains? In this article, we look at some of the recent research on meditation and the brain. This information may be just what you need to get started on your own practice.
What is meditation?
Meditation is a practice of being present in the moment. Most meditations involve sitting quietly and focusing on one thing. You could focus on your breath, an image, a sound, a mantra, or even a concept. The goal of meditation is to quiet the mind. You do this by focusing on one thing and tuning out everything else. The idea is to get so focused that you don’t even notice the passage of time.
Is there any challenge to starting meditating?
Meditation was a tough nut to crack in the beginning… boredom, restlessness, pain, irritation, and laziness would frequently disrupt meditations, but as time passed and you became more familiar with the process, you began to enjoy it. Be patient with the practice. Rewards are not instantaneous. After a few months, you cannot even envision beginning a day without meditation. It will become an inherent part of your life.
How does mediation change the brain?
In the last few decades, scientists have been studying the effects of meditation on the brain. What they’ve found is truly incredible: In a study of people with major depressive disorder, researchers found that after just eight weeks of mindfulness-based therapy, there were dramatic changes in the subjects’ brains.
More specifically, they found a significant increase in grey matter in areas of the brain associated with emotional processing. The research on meditation and the brain has revealed that it has profound effects on our psychology, physiology, and even our genes.
The brain changes associated with meditation are so drastic that scientists are now asking: does meditation cause these changes, or does a certain type of person simply meditate? The latest research suggests that there is a causal relationship between meditation and these brain changes.
The benefits of meditation
Meditation has countless benefits. They include better focus, better mood, a stronger immune system, and even better sex life. In fact, meditation can even help with chronic pain.
- Better focus – If there’s one thing we all crave, it’s focus. Meditation can help us get more of it by providing us with better tools for concentration. VK users can use Study Serum for better focus.
- Better mood – One of the most common reasons people start meditating is because they want to improve their mood. It turns out that meditation is an effective way to combat stress and anxiety. You feel joyful and happy without any reason. The mind has evolved broader. VK users can use Mood Up Serum for a better mood.
- Let go more – You have reached an automated mode where people’s bad words don’t hurt you much.
- A stronger immune system – We’ve all heard that a strong immune system is essential to fighting off disease. Meditation helps us build up our immunity by lowering our stress levels. VK users can use Immune Serum for strong immunity.
- A better sex life – We could all use a little help in the bedroom, right? Sex therapists often recommend meditation because it helps us get rid of all the stress and tension that can stand in the way of a great sexual experience. Male VK users can use Men Serum and female VK users can use Fem Serum for better sex life.
- Good Health – You will become healthier, more youthful, and more energetic. VK users can use Perfect Health Serum for overall good health.
- Self Love – Sometimes, you feel so much love within you for no reason.
- Improved Listening – Your listening skill has improved. You don’t give a lot of lectures. Did not even bother if the other person is listening. You will easily let go and not find fault in others because acceptance is quite easy.
- Better communication – For those who have communication issues, after meditation, you will find it quite easy to look into people’s eyes while communicating. VK users can use Bravo Serum for better communication skills.
- Emotional Changes – Emotions of anger, jealousy, fear, lust, and other silly emotion are getting reduced (otherwise in religious practice, these emotions get increased). Most of the time, you remain peaceful, calm, happy, confident, and courageous.
- Overall Change – You feel a 360-degree change in your nature and personality. Mediation can lead you to an absolutely new deck of consciousness where philosophies, books, and pilgrims of worship cannot. For overall personality changes, male VK users can use Alpha Male Serum and female VK users can use Alpha Woman Serum.
What happens to the brain during mindful meditation?
Mindful meditation is a practice that combines meditation and mindful senses. It’s like deep meditation, but with more focus and awareness. This can cause changes in the brain that are almost as drastic as those associated with trauma. When scientists observed the brains of people engaged in mindful meditation, they found something curious: the part of the brain that controls emotions was actually shutting down.
During mindful meditation, we are actively trying to get rid of our emotions rather than accepting them. This means that the part of the brain responsible for emotions, the amygdala, is actually turned off. When the amygdala is shut down, we can be blissfully unaware of all the feelings we’re projecting onto the world around us.
Does meditating have any downside?
The only real downside of meditation is that it takes time. Beyond that, there is no evidence that meditation is bad for you. Meditation does use up energy, which is why you need to be well-hydrated and nourished. You also need to find a quiet place where you can be undisturbed. Beyond that, there are no drawbacks to meditation.
What’s more, the potential benefits of meditation are truly staggering. They include better focus, a stronger immune system, and an even better sex life. If you’ve been thinking about getting started with meditation, now is the time.
Someone asked a Great Master, “What have you gained from Meditation?’’ The Master replied, ”Nothing! However, the master said, Let me tell you what I have lost: Anger, Insecurity, Depression, Anxiety, Fear of old age and death.’’
After decades of research, scientists still can’t believe all the positive effects of meditation on the brain. They’ve found that meditation changes not only our psychology but also our physiology and our genes. Meditation has also been shown to have positive effects on our focus, mood, and even our immunity. Meditation also has no known downsides. For all these reasons, meditation is one of the most important skills we can develop.
True religion, in my opinion, is characterized by meditative, silent prayers. Those who meditate seriously and practice what they learn are usually calmer, deeper, and more peaceful. On the other hand, those who study religious scriptures and philosophies but do not practice their message are often hypocritical. Studying and preaching religious textbooks is simple, but executing them in our lives is difficult. Morality and meditation are essential if we wish to do so.
Must read these articles: